The New Land is about 15 ha big. It’s a 30 minute drive with the dalla dalla from Mwanza town to Igombe, the closest bigger village. From there you take a bike for another 10 minutes.
Updates: The road to the ground is finished. The construction itself is at the moment put on hold because of a lack of funding.
For more information and if you would like to donate to assist in the construction of a new orphanage please email Joseph Elias (
Projects planned on this land:
- growing our own food to be independent (We need fence because hippos are destroying our crops)
- growing our own food to sell on the market to have a regular income
- building up an orphanage so that FONELISCO can move there and doesn't have to pay rent
- building up a school
- create a hostel for international volunteers and guests with a good view on the Victoria lake
- build a hospital for health care of the orphanage and the whole community
Thanks a lot for all our partners and supporters!
Already lots of fruit trees and other vegetables have been planted on the land, like papayas, bananas, rice, cabbage, maize, cassava, oranges, apples, peas, passion fruits.